Monday, December 20, 2010

How I Suck At Predictions and The Worse Game Ever (of 2010)?!

So, yeah. My predictions for the Spike VGAs were waaaaay off. Whatever. I'll eat my crow, but I just want to go on record as saying that the awards show was awkward and pitiful at best. The on-stage projection effects were pretty awesome, but NPH was not himself; he was trying too hard to appeal to the gamer crowd. I also came to the conclusion, along with the rest of the gaming community, that Olivia Munn needs to stop talking. I love Attack of the Show, but she is really taking this diva persona a bit too far.

So, let's recap. Spike's Video Game Awards were:
1. Mostly boring
2. Hosted by a sub-par Neil Patrick Harris
3. Pretty much ruined by Olivia Munn
4. Showed off some cool presentation tech with on-stage projections
5. Revealed a lot of cool new games

Oh, yeah...I wasn't totally wrong about BioWare's new game. As I said a few posts ago, I figured it was Mass Effect 3, but I was hoping for something else. While, this reveal filled me elation about ME3 but a bit of apprehension that it may be too soon, the trailer was more epic than I imagined a teaser could be. Full trailer - plzkthksbai!


Now for some other fun things I found this past week.

I'm super pumped for L.A. Noire. Granted, I have no idea how this game will play, but the tech itself is blowing...my...mind. If the teaser that released about a month ago didn't show you enough of what this game and development team are capable of, perhaps this tidbit will give you more of an idea. *swoon*

Remember those Choose Your Own Adventure books? Here's a video game one from GameSpy. You're welcome.

I like Entertainment Weekly. They seem to be fairly on par with my thoughts about TV shows and movies. They also seem to be on top of the most recent scuttlebutt and reveals. They broke the story on the design of Captain America from the upcoming movie, as well as Green Lantern. EW makes me happy...mostly. I say "mostly" because when they do have video game reviews, they generally have no idea what they are talking about. Their reviewer(s) listed Kirby's Epic Yarn as the Worst Game of 2010.

Seriously?

Kirby?

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little. Are they serious when they say that Kirby's Epic Yarn was a bigger train wreck than something like Clash of the Titans or Kung Fu Rider? Granted, I haven't played any of those three. However, Kriby got great reviews from almost everyone but EW. Come on, Entertainment Weekly. Kirby may not have been the greatest game of 2010, but I can't imagine that it was that bad. Get some perspective.

Well, that's all for now. I'll be back later this week with a discussion about consoles and digital game sales and distribution. Same Gnome-Time, same Gnome-Channel; so stay tuned!

Gnome, out.

No comments:

Post a Comment