Thursday, June 6, 2013

Not-So-Recent Events

EA and Activision have been the target of many a gamer's ire in the past few years. However, recent developments are starting to show that EA may be starting to make some more sensible decisions. Eschewing their much-vilified Online Pass strategy makes used game sales more accessible go gamers again. EA is probably going to focus much more on micro-transactions for added post-release revenue now.





DICE Opens LA-based Studio And Announces Work On Undisclosed Star Wars Game(s)
For those not in the know, DICE is the studio behind the Battlefield series, the main competitor to Call of Duty. While I'm not one for military shooters, I have to admit DICE's Frostbite 3 engine looks fantastic. I've not played a Battlefield game, but I have played COD a little. Imagining a Star Wars shooter with that level of graphical fidelity and weight to the combat sounds like something I really, really want. So...


Nintendo Plans Alternate E3
Many game journalists were shocked to hear Nintendo wasn't going to do an E3 presentation. Instead, their plan is to hold public demos in about 100 locations across the US during E3. If this is what they're going to be doing, there might be some method to their madness.  It could either go really well, or it could fail miserably. Is this the beginning of the end for E3? Only time will tell if this works.

Explore The Music Of The Last Of Us
I can't think of many game soundtracks from this or last generation that I've been blown away by. The Last Of Us just keeps looking better and better every time I see previews, and the music is sounding pretty damn awesome. I can't wait!

Yep, exactly like that.

Some Geniuses Concept A PS3/Xbox360 Combo Console
It's just a concept design, but I don't think anyone would turn this down.


Not too shabby.

Well, that's all the news fit to be called news. And, as they say, "No news is good news."



News.


No comments:

Post a Comment